The conference welcomes papers, symposia, workshops and posters:
- Papers will be presented in parallel sessions, the allocated time will be communicated with the definitive program
- Symposia can include up to four presentations around a theme
- Workshops are based on participants’ involvement in activities
- Posters are aimed at cultivating dialogue around the conference topic. Handouts should be provided.
Papers and posters: No longer than 600 words, they should include information on aim/objectives, a theoretical/conceptual framework, methods, research design, results and/or conclusions. They should show clear references to adult education research/literature and to the conference theme.
Symposia: No longer than 1600 words, they should contain an introduction to the overall proposal (aims/objectives, theoretical/conceptual framework, connection to the conference theme) and an abstract of each individual presentation (max 300 words).
Workshops: No longer than 600 words, they should describe the objectives, theoretical background, planned activities, connection to the conference theme and a list of equipment or requirements. Maximum duration of workshops is 90 min.
References are not counted in the words limit, but they should be only the essential ones.
Format style: Anonymised, in Times New Roman, 12 points type, single spaced.
Submission – Deadline February 21, 2022. Submissions closed.
Review process – Abstracts will be blind reviewed by two members of the Scientific Committee. Acceptance or revision will be announced by April 8, 2022. Revised abstracts should be re-submitted by May 9, 2022.
Final papers and presentations – Deadline for upload: September 5, 2022
We plan to make this conference a place where we can share our research within a supportive academic community, and receive appropriate feedback. So, we will ask you to kindly upload a draft of your paper or presentation before the conference. They will be available on the website. Since the conference is in presence, we abandoned the idea of videoclips.
The upload of the complete paper is mandatory for PhD students applying for the PhD award.
You can upload:
- a short paper of max 3000 words (papers, workshops, posters)
- a longer paper of max 4500 words (symposia).
After the conference, we will prepare the Conference Proceedings containing all the presented papers. The presenters who registered and attended the conference will receive, shortly after it, an invitation to send the final version of their papers to be published in the proceedings [e-book, Open Access, with isbn].
If you have any questions about your presentation, please contact Gaia Del Negro at: ESREAtriennial2022@unimib.it
ESREA’s language policy seeks to be sensitive and inclusive. English will be used in all the plenaries and workshops during the Conference, but we are open to using other languages in parallel sessions, as long as the participants are able to help each other with the translation. More specifically:
– The abstracts for the peer-review process must be in good understandable English.
– The final papers can be submitted in another language, if a short summary (1000 words) in English is provided.
– If you desire to present in your language, the organizers will help to find a registered participant to help you with the translation. In this case, your presentation will need slides in English or bilingual, to support the public in understanding.
– English speakers are also asked to be aware of the effort required by not-Anglophone participants to follow.
At the conference, there will be no professional translation, but several colleagues who are willing and able to help and facilitate dialogue. This is a choice, to sustain the feeling of a community. Tolerance, respect, mutual support and curiosity will do the rest. Speakers requiring translation should be aware that they can say less in the allotted time, hence plan in advance for this – e.g. providing essential information in the form of a hand-out.